Donnerstag, 3. Dezember 2009

I love quarterscale - Tamiya´s Halftrack Sd.Kfz.251/1 Ausf.D

If you searching for an fast and easy build quarterscale model - look at Tamiyas new kit of the famous german halftrack - the Sd.Kfz.251/1 Ausf.D. Thats a very well moulded kit with fine detailed parts and a outstanding fit overall.




On my desktop I found an historical picture of an captured halftrack and I decided: This is what I want to build.


The assambling is easy to do with no problems so you can start soon with the most interesting part: the paintjob :-) I used only Tamiya acrylics for this and after some time of masking I get this result:                                                                                                                                                                                                                 


A light filter with oil paints was placed over the entire model:



Chips were made with Vallejo acrylics - always a very delicate job:




The white markings (U.S.A.) were made with a fine white pencil - its better to control than using a brush



The wheels and tracks were painted and weathered in one piece:




Voilà..here comes the final result:

 



Thanks goes to Luciano Rodriguez for inspiring me!

Keine Kommentare: